Thursday, August 11, 2016

Flower update, library classes, long over due--my bad



Marionville library group progress on our blocks
I have been slow in getting these beautiful blocks posted.  I love working with this group of ladies.  I also love working with blocks from the past and seeing a new generation of lovely keepsake quilts being created in today's fabrics.  



Not everyone got the first seven blocks sewn.  These are all going to make beautiful quilt tops!

Patterns are always left up to interpretation.



Embellishing with buttons, enlarging the original pattern, playing with scrap fabric-  so much fun!

My favorite- cheater flower--sorry I didn't think of this first--lol

I see the start of a beautiful quilt.

This is from show and tell-  Can you see the D-9 pattern?

This one is mine.  Again a D-9 with a twist-  interesting if I say so myself!

Connie is working on anther project - these girls are large and all seams are turned under ready to sew onto their background fabric.


Our intro to applique class produced several lovely quilts.  Of course I didn't get picture of all of them.

The "Crumb" class, mixed blocks with the applique class and all I can saw is "WoW"