Monday, November 30, 2015

Andrew asked for curtains in the kid's room

He said he likes fish, I had a half yard and added the solid to the top.  We then decided it needed something else. so.......we did a google clip art search for ideas.  A boy catching a large fish seemed like a good idea to try.  I have been adding 'fish' pillow parts to kid quilts- now this one gets to be on a curtain..

The piece of scrap I used for the boat is just so cute!  The string is several small pieces knotted together.  Then I chicken tracked sewed it all down.  I left the knots 'free'  Kinda looks like I  just tack-tied it on.  Wonder how long we can keep this hanging before someone thinks it need to be quilted?

Friday, November 27, 2015

The two are now One--Christmas exchange blocks

Funny thing is I made the back before we started the exchange.  Then I decided I didn't want to make this large of a quilt.  Put all my exchange blocks together and they matched the size of the back exactly!  Guess my quilting brain had other ideas.  These two were quilted together with a holly and berries pattern border to border.  The back of the quilt was rolled to the front for the binding.  Love, love, love this quilt!

First Wednesday  in December/2015 we will meet at the library in MOnett and show off our progress.

My facebook friends are all posting shots of their opening days deer hunting.  I threw these pillow tops together into a twin size snuggle-under that may or may not get quilted this year. 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Library Exchange Christmas blocks 2015

Group meets first Wednesday at 2:30.  We have traded 12 1/2" blocks the past couple of months.  Trades are one for one.  Each person was asked to made sets of 6.  I usually trade two sets but this month I only made 6 blocks.

I can't wait till tomorrow to get my last blocks that are going in this top.  As usual I jumped ahead and started setting things together without having everything I need--lol

I chose to make 4 block sets (set together with a narrow green stripe)  I am setting those 9 together with red w/white dots strip.  I think I will add a black print as an outer border to finish the top.

I am very pleased that the library group has been so productive-  Maybe we can have a mini-quilt show after the holidays to show off our group exchange!

Dear Jane- got a few blocks added to the top

My notes show I started this project in Feb of 2012  I found the book on clearance and thought it would be a good read.  I 'knew' I could get this simple project knocked out in a couple of weeks.
I don't remember when or why I lost interest.  It is so much fun to jump back in- even if it was just for a bit today.  Sorry Jane back on the shelf with the other TO DO's.

I added 1" sashing strips to 39 blocks and set the blocks together.

Seven rows of 13 blocks still needed to finish the top

I gave up on piecing the hard ones and went with raw-edge applique so every block is cut out.

Left half of the quilt is together.  All four outer borders are complete.  And the back is pieced as well.    Maybe Jane can get some attention this winter if/when we get snowed in