Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Dear Jane- got a few blocks added to the top

My notes show I started this project in Feb of 2012  I found the book on clearance and thought it would be a good read.  I 'knew' I could get this simple project knocked out in a couple of weeks.
I don't remember when or why I lost interest.  It is so much fun to jump back in- even if it was just for a bit today.  Sorry Jane back on the shelf with the other TO DO's.

I added 1" sashing strips to 39 blocks and set the blocks together.

Seven rows of 13 blocks still needed to finish the top

I gave up on piecing the hard ones and went with raw-edge applique so every block is cut out.

Left half of the quilt is together.  All four outer borders are complete.  And the back is pieced as well.    Maybe Jane can get some attention this winter if/when we get snowed in