Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mary's show and tell


Quilt group meet last night and we had a little show and tell. Mary M was inspired by the last strip/string class and made this beautiful Christmas prints top.


I just love how she did the borders. This quilt is a Holiday Beauty!
A couple of months ago we used a series of Children's Prints to make donation quilts. One pattern the group tried was the Cut-Up-4-Patch.
Several of the gals have gone on to make additional personal quilts from the pattern.
Here is one that Mary made and Free Motion Quilted.
Another beautiful work of Love.







A little more sewing on the borders and she can start on the binding. Mary is not by nature a scrappy girl but she is enjoying mixing it up a bit. (I am starting to wear her down) I just think her eye for color and precising in assembly just produce the most lovely pieces of work.
I am thrilled to get to share the photos. As friends and quilters we never know when we are going to motivate someone. Mary is definitely motivating me to add both of these to my future TO-DO list!