Trinity Celtic Knot-A-Long

Search for Past Posts Here


Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Connie's scrap quilts's

These were both made from scraps I re-gifted.  Connie took the time to iron and sub-cut enough for two huge keepsakes.
2 1/2 inch strips-  crazy fun!

lots of prints on this king size scrappy

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hopefully this is the last time I move fabric around

Special Thanks to my kids, grands, and friends for helping move and sort the fabric stash.  No excuse now for not getting this busted in my life-time!  About time to start the quilting group back up.  Thinking about doing Wednesdays at the church building.  I teach an intro to quilting class on 1st Wednesday afternoons at the library  Bet we can add 3rd Wednesday workshops and sew donation quilts this fall.

today the kids helped move the mags and book case

holiday theme scraps and batting

novelty yardage to be used for children's quilt projects 

material is sorted by colors on the back wall.  side wall is tops and backs that need quilted some day.  The quilting machine and table were moved over a couple of months ago.

Left over Double Knits, enough for a couple more projects.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Scrappy Back for Christmas

scrappy Christmas panels thrown (sewn) together for a fun future back. 
one of my favorite pieces

Another ufo from the past
I think I was supposed to make a pillow from this piece--lol

fun children's print

Dylan's Grad. Quilt 2015

A little slower then usual getting this keepsake finished. It turned out a bit smaller then planned.  Hopefully  Dylan will treasure the love that has gone into it.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Willis wheel gets a work out

Grandson, Lane's 12 b-day  Pictures are of friends who are taking their first rides.  Quite a long line, Big Thanks to Uncle Ed for helping everyone on and off.    We purchased this two-seat wonder at an auction about 25 yrs ago.  It has gotten a lot of use over the years!

yardsale frames and a little cut cut ready to hang in the kitchen

  Now that I 'found' and cut out the veggies for this yard-sale find it is ready to get moved to the kitchen.  I used two different 8 x 10 prints of veggies and cut one in half vertical the other horizontal.  I then fussy cut around the produce and attached images to a blank piece in the frame.

This adds just a hint of color to my kitchen.  The frames are a bit fancier then I would normally like but they are growing on me.

I still need to take everything off the wall, fill holes and find a level, etc....  this may take longer then I planed for--lol

Friday, July 17, 2015

5 quilt tops in 2 days lot's of fun (and fabric)

Shouts out to my 'two quilt top holders'-  Thanks girls!

I have been busting stash this week.  Wednesday was a fun day to get together and match up fabrics for kid size charity/donation quilts.  Smaller strips of material were sorted for making one of a kind keepsakes.

Jasmine and Amelia pulled favorite fabrics for themselves and their younger brother Robert.  These three are the visiting grand-kids of a friend of ours.  Our grandson, Andrew made a top too but I didn't get a photo yet.

Don't fall !!

Amelia (age 10)  Her applique fish still needs sewn down. (top left)

Robert (age 7)  loves the fabrics his sister picked for him-- lots of baseballs

Jasmine (age 12)  never to young for a love of chocolate! 

Amelia had extra pieces she likes so we made a doll quilt and pillow with the leftovers.