Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Apple Core top cut out


I am still playing with my new BABY GO!
I had such a good time showing it off to my quilt group.
Bet we get to see a lot of new apple core tops in the future.
This die is fast and fun to cut out.
I had scrap strips left over from another project. It was easy to fold them over and cut 4 to 8 pieces at the same time.
I figured out a chart to see how many pieces to cut. Normally when working with larger scraps, I tend to cut what I have and then see what size I want the top to be. (One can always add border later!!)
A couple of hours later and I have enough pieces for several Holiday quilts.
Here is one section laid out. I hope to sew these as 4 patches/16 patches and then in Nine.







I think the challenge is going to be to sew the directional prints in a way that doesn't drive me nuts.