Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kellys Quilt w/Borders


15" Blocks. Fans are raw-edge appliqued.
Blades were cut Stack and Whack style (layered and sissor cut)
Border of 2 1/2" background and 5" original print.
I hope to use a light purple on the back and for the binding.
86 x 86 " (ish)
Now to just talk favortie D-I-L into coming over and quilting this new keepsake.
I have been working from stash this year and had a couple of three or four yards of this rather large print. Kelly loves these colors and volunteered to take the top off my hand if/when I got it done.
I dug it out of the on going pile and started it for my Friday Night Sew-In project. Tonight I stayed late after class and finished sewing the borders on.
I think I need to make a scrappy one for myself. The large blocks are a lot of fun to do.