Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tumblers, cut and ready to sew

Ask me when was the last time I cut out a 600 piece quilt top. My answer is: Yesterday!!

Again with the BABY GO.

What a fun way to use up the Christmas scraps.

I am doing all the 1/2 tumblers on the edge in a Red print. Hopefully I will then add an 1 1/2" border on the straights edges.

I am thinking I want to do raw edge applique' borders at the top and bottom that say: Merry Christmas and the sides: HO HO HO!



I haven't named this quilt yet b/c it is still a work in progress. I am leaning on calling it the Holiday Kitchen Sink. I think just about everything has been thrown in it.
Here's my favorite part. No ironing, no pins.
These pieces line up amazingly well. It wouldn't surprise me if I don't get it finished this week.
There are enough scraps left from cutting out the apple core to cut another tumbler (or two) Those will end up kits to gift or use as donation quilts.