Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kellys new top-

Grandson's, Andrew and Ben are spending the night tonight. I told them they could stay up and play while I finished sewing together this top for their Aunt Kelly.

As soon as I got it hung up to look at, Ben said: "Get the camera Grand Mother, Take a picture of me and the beautiful quilt!"

As a disclaimer, Ben calls me Grand-Mutter. He like all sorts of beautiful things. "Beautiful" is his word of choice when it comes to horses and quilts!

When he got here this evening he asked if I wanted to take his picture. I asked why. His answer was: "That's what grownups do because I am so cute!"

These kids just crack me up! Ben turned 3 in October and he was such a ham at his party.



On to the quilt top.
Blocks are 15" Raw edge applique. I enlarged my Dresden plate pattern and cut fans in a Stack N Whack style.
I was going to set them in a D-9 but decided the top would end up too big. Instead I may do a narrow green inner border and then 6" of the background.
OR..... if there is enough of the original flower print, I can do 2 " background , couple of inches of flowers and then finish with more background.
For now it is just going to hang and be 'beautiful'.- cw