Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mary made another one


I think everyone call tell from this top that I DID NOT SEW IT.
My friend Mary M whipped up this beauty for a wedding gift for friends in El Salvador.
She asked me to machine quilt it because all her 'safety pins' were in use on another lovely quilt she is free motion quilting.
I offered to purchase more pins but just got a 'dirty' look for my humble effort to help.
Some friends we are- !
I am bragging a little but am so proud of the work Mary does on her quilts.
She has only been quilting a few years. Her work is wonderful,
I am a totally scrappy gal BUT can really appreciate the beautiful way these fabrics play together.
Mary designed the quilt around the floral focus fabric. I think most everything was pulled from her stash.
Now she needs to trim this quilt up and add the yellow binding. It will travel to the 'new' couple next week.



FYI- the SnowBall Block is a wonderful alt. block to use to show off a favorite fabric.- cw