Friday, November 23, 2012

50 states quilted for a new friend

I got a call awhile back asking if I could put a top together and quilt it for a couple in the next town over.

Of course I told him I don't quilt for the public.

I ask the man where he 'got' my name and he said from a friend of mine at a blood drive 4 years eariler.
He had kept my number 'just in case'.

His wife had been embroidering her 50 state blocks for almost 40 years.  She had just finished and really wanted to see them in a quilt that she could pass on to her daughter.

How could I not at least meet them and 'see' what she had in mind.  I took my 50 state top to show a possible setting.  She loved mine and wanted hers exactly like it, only in solid blue, like the sky.

I hoped to get it done and back to them by Thanksgiving.  Well to make a short story long, yesterday at 2.30 in the afternoon I got to deliver the future keepsake.  I also got the nicest hug and thanks.

She is so excited that she told me this quilt is going on their bed!  Her daughter is just going to have to wait her turn to get it.  I have to say that made me smile!

Never give up on your goals.  One stitch at a time will get the job done.