Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finally figured out what I want to do for the new Mystry quilt

I was doing a Google search for focus fabrics, thinking I could find something I like to pull colors for the new Mystery- Easy Street (Bonnie Hunter)

This is exactly what I had in mind!  I know I want to do a Red background and will use Red as my Constant.

Colors 1, 2, 3, 4   will be pulled from this inspiration piece.

http://wwwbiglakequilter.blogspot.com/2012/04/its-time-to-reveal.html
Right now I am leaning towards Dark Greens/Black/Navy/Purple,   Yellows/Beige/Tans/,  Light Blue, and Pink or White
I could go Black, Green, Yellow and Lt Blue.   I will have to start pulling scraps and see what colors I have enough of.

It will be fun to see how many times I change my mind before the final top is sewn.

Are you planning to join the Mystery?  Check out the yahoo group quiltvillechat.

I didn't make it very far on my original choices.  I found a red sheet I can use for background.
I have just over two yds of this pink with Red, Yellow, Purple flowers.
Quick pull of Green, Purple and Yellow, looking good but not my original idea.  Hope this doesn't mean I have to make two quilts!  lol