Wednesday, May 5, 2010

7 sisters from my Sister


My favorite youngest sister called me to let me know she was on her way up to visit. (she only lives an hour away so no extra credit points for the impromptu trip- ok maybe a few b/c she comes up to see me more then I drive down to see her)
She asked me if I like Double-Knit--
The answer is Of Course- it is the fabric that never dies!
She wouldn't tell me why she was asking.
I don't know "where" she found this beauty, but I am thrilled she thought of me! Theresa said it was a belated B-day gift, but I think it is b/c she loves me and knows I can always use another TO-DO!

Sometimes when one picks up a project-in-progress you are stuck with trying to 'figure out' what the original quilter had in mind.
In this case, I was blessed with not only a partial top BUT enough blocks to finish it to a usable size.
Not bragging (YES I AM) but there is also the enough of the yellow back ground (pre-cut) with yardage to spare.
My Double Knit collection is growing. One of these days I am going to have to start putting backs on the favorites. I love to use a sheet on the back and TIE this heavy cover using yarn. (I prefer NO batting)
If you have a top or two that are in the way, feel free to send them to me, they will be much loved.- be good cw