Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This one is for Dawn.....

Before we get all excited, I mean the post is for Dawn, the quilt will most likely be for me! (sorry I am just not that good of a friend- lol)

The tiny sqs were gifted to me from a friend of a friend. My challenge was to use them ALL up.

The scraps were cut down using my new BABY GO. I just love these little butterflies. They are made using the flower die. The top wing is actually the leaf shape. The bottom wing is a flower cut into thirds.




The applique pieces are just temporary attached with a glue stick. Once I decided on the layout I will machine sew them down.

The little circles are dime size, the larger circles are quarter size. Both are cut from mini 4 patch scraps.

I think I will raid my stash and make a piano key border. I should be able to use up a lot of 1" strips! - thanks Dawn for new TO DO project. I will think of you every time I work on it.- cw