Friday, January 21, 2011

FNSI- don't forget to sign up


I don't always get to sew on a Friday Night so I rarely officially sign up but..... due to all the snow I am going to be home- yeah!

Join me and the hundreds of other quilters as we take advantage of the night.

Hubby is headed to bed, he has to leave out on a trip so I will have a quiet house! Along with sewing I hope to pull TO-DO's and UFO's and start some sort of a list on how to work/finish them.

Judy L is doing a 12 month color theory challenge and I hope to stay caught up with that project. January was YELLOW and I am pretty pleased with my progress.

I have been wanting to do more of Tanya's Wonky letters and hope to piece a yellow JAN to add to the border of my completed challenge piece.

I don't normally get excited about New Year's Resolutions but this year I think I will take it slow and commit to 11 things I hope to accomplish this year, (I originally thought 2,000 and 11 things but that is just nuts!)

#1--Compile a list of the 11 things!

#2-Host 11 Give-Aways on my Blog. Starting in Feb on the Eleventh of each month till then end of the year.
#3-Make at least 11 donations to on-line quilter/friend's favorite projects.
#4-Follow Judy Laquardia's Color Challenge, ...AND..organize at least 11 colors of fabric along with the color each month. Jan/Yellow- done!
#5-Identify at least 11 UFO's (I'm not committing to working on them just find then and add them to a list- lol)
#6-Machine quilt for my personal collection at least 11 quilt tops sewn prior to 2011
#7-Start at least 11 new TO-DO's (Everyone spends so much time vowing to finish stuff, I am going to purpose to start some)
#8- Teach &/or Learn at least 11 New quilting techniques
#9-Cut out and Kit at least 11 projects using my new BABY GO
#10-Sew at least 11 favorite go-to projects to have on hand for gifts.
#11-Participate in at least 11 Sew-Ins on-line &/or Live Body.

Part of my sew-in time is going to be taking inventory of my New 11

Any and All suggestions will be considered (who is going to teach me to make a side bar?)
The photo is of a top that my good friend Dawn is working on. I was thrilled to let her pull from my stash. Can you see what fabrics were mine? Just kidding- even I don't remember. I will share her finished masterpiece along with info on where she got her inspiration. That might have to be one of my 11 things TO DO this year!- be good cheryl