Saturday, January 22, 2011

FNSI- report and hopefully repeat

While the rest of the world was busy sewing up beautiful future heirloom projects....

I got side tracked working on my List of 11 Quilting Things TO -DO in 2011.

I can already cross #1 off my list! The book is done. (I get extra points for adding the list to my side bar!)

I can mark off #5 also, I have made a UFO list and posted it along with photos.




I get one check mark for #11 (sew-in), # 10 (worked on a new utility quilt) also counts as a check for #7 (a New To-DO)
A couple of weeks ago Dawn gave me a yard sale find. Several rows of the 9-patch blocks were set with a purple sqs of fabric. The setting fabric was in very bad shape.
All total there were 48 Nine-Patches of which I ended up saving 36.
The blocks were all hand sewn and a bit wonky. (just the way I like it- uh huh, uh huh)


I re-sized to 6 1/2". I then sewed into Four larger 9-patch units.
My choices now are to set them together and add a border- applique butterflies perhaps?
Or, cut them up into a D-9, then add borders- applique????????????
Or...my favorite.....let them sit around until I get other ideas.
With the hand stitching I really need to commit to getting some sort of border on so the blocks don't pull apart.




Some day this will be a scrappy take to the park, drag through the dirt quilt.
What did you do on your FNSI?
cheryl