I started playing with the sunbonnet sue blocks for Abra's quilt. I have decided to make 4 Sue's and the rest of the blocks tri/sqs.
This should be a wild busy quilt when I get it done.
I had a few misc blocks left over from my RRCB mystery quilt. I pieced them into a section to add to the back of this thrift shop sheet.
The sheet was a $1.00 purchase. It was about 6" too narrow (I did my top square 5 x 5 blocks)
I am please with how well the colors go together.
Almost looks like I knew what I was doing- lol
I piece backs all the time and prefer to use sheets when possible. This is the first time I actually pieced part of the front blocks onto the back.
I am thinking I like it. The busy flower sheet hides the seams and floats the scrappy patch.
I had posted a photo of Dawns sailboat quilt top and promised I would find out where she got her pattern.
She was nice enough to bring the book and a photo of her quilt to church so I could snap a shot.
Dawn chose not to add the background strip at the top of each sailboat and made up for that by changing her border just a bit.
Our quilt group met last night and agreed that we are going to each work on a version of Debrah Cohen's Celtic Knot. I can't wait to show off our progress.
Have a great week- cheryl