Saturday, February 5, 2011

50 state flowers- Do I Want or Need Borders?


With out Borders this top is 80 x 92 (ish)
The setting strips are a white background with purple flowers and green leaves.
The setting sqs are a green Tone on Tone leaves and match the green in the strips.
The butterflies are raw-edge applique and still need their antennas added. The large wing is a darker purple print and the smaller wing is a light purple Tone on Tone





Question is: If I choose to do a border, what would look good?
I don't want to go to fancy b/c this is a pretty simple setting.
Normally I would do a small inner border, then another small and then a bit larger (if using 3 fabrics) What colors? What order? What sizes? I also have plenty of the light material used for setting strips. Materials available: Dark Purple print, Lt. Purple, Green, Light setting strips
Hard to believe this top started out looking so different! Here's the before photo- cw