Monday, February 7, 2011

Piano Key, Strings or Crumbs? That is the question...


I started this top awhile back. I learned that I am not really a fan of spider web blocks (that's not entirely true, I am a fan just not a fan of doing them myself)
So this center sat for quite a bit.
Last week Mary asked to borrow one of my tops to photograph for a class she is getting ready to teach. This one was in the pile.
I had always intended for it to be a bed size quilt some day. (evidenced by the box of scraps labeled: TO DO)
A border of scrappy butterflies brings the top up to 54 x 63 (ish)
What do you think should be the next borders? 6 inch scrappy Piano Keys, String blocks or Crumbs?
I really thought I wanted to do some wonky letters on the final border but can't decided what I want to piece.
Phrases to consider: Just like the Butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.
or: The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough.