Wednesday, August 26, 2009


Hate to admit that this one is STILL not quilted. It was made to be our bed quilt. The top is 105" x 126". I have yet to take a good picture of it.

These shots are from my old blog.

If I remember, Erin started me thinking about this layout after she kept showing her progress. I decided to make my stars a bit smaller then hers and my setting strips are 2" to start with.

This top kinda grew on me. It was just so much fun seeing the stars come together that I just kept making a couple of more.

The star block are from stash that was irregular sizes. I started with 12 piles that were going to be blocks. I used a solid and two prints per pile. The solids were used either in the background, the star or the accent to the star.

The setting strips were from a sets of pre-cut 4" strips that I had left over from a 'cutting' stage.

I decided on a 12 1/2" star so the setting strips would work out. The 4" strips were sub-cut to 2". Then sewn into strip sets and cut at 12 1/2" The left overs were cut at 2" and worked into the 9-patches in the setting sqs.

Here is a picture of my fancy pattern!

The bordered star measured

about 21 1/2"

If I don't get around to quilting this in the next couple of years, I will take it apart and make smaller quilts from it. For some reason I just really seem to put off the BIG projects.

I have changed my mind several times on what I plan to use for the back. What ever I do it will be BIG and MINE.