Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tulip Top Tonight’s Ta-DA!

I don’t have a ‘design wall’ per Se but do seem to enjoy pinning stuff to the mini-blinds in the living room. There is just something about walking up from downstairs and ‘seeing’ the tops from a distance.tulips 09 003I don’t know why I like tweeking the colors, This is a raw edge applique on a 10 1/2” sq.

tulips 09 0042 1 This shot is more normal size but lightened up a bit. To me it looks like a ‘controlled’ w/a little scrappy. The tulips were cut out a few years ago and I still have several sets waiting on me to do something with them.

Sometimes I sew in a series, I have one more D-9 cut and ready to work on. It will be Purples on a 12 1/2 starting sq. I just need to figure what I want to do with the large light sqs.

I have a couple of sets of ‘daisy’ flowers in blues I could add. I might go with a larger version of the butterflies and cut them in scrappy purples. I also like to do the Sun Bonnet Sues, or even appliqué Dresden Plates, I just don’t know. - cw