Friday, October 23, 2009

Would believe a D-9 in time for the holidays?

d9 006I learned something “new to me” tonight.

When laying out the Disappearing 9-patch block one needs to pay attention to directional or focus blocks! Duh……

I knew I knew that but did I do it? NO, good thing I am not ashamed to own a seam ripper!! (actually I just rip them apart by hand) d9 004 This Holiday top was made using TWELVE raw-edge appliqué snowmen (from several years ago- different story) , Twelve 12 1/2” light Christmas fabric sqs. and Three of the darker green.

d9 005

You only have to make THREE of the 9-patches (the third one is sewn in a line for the vertical row) I most likely will look to add a border for this one, possibly in reds and then use it as a gift.

The snowmen were made for a Holiday Block exchange and I like them so much I did a lot of them. Pretty much everyone who participated got at least one. I have snuck them into several holiday quilts. This is their first top as the focus block.

54 x 70 (ish)”