Sunday, July 18, 2010

YardSale Find- don't look if you are busting stash!


Good friend Pam suggested I run down to one of her favorite shops and check out the 'yard sale' they were having.
Hubby ran down with me. We did a couple of errands, had lunch with my sister and her girls and got to the shop just before they closed!
I love scraps so I spent my time at the $$ per bag table. There were several sizes of bags, I started with a smaller one and quickly realized that it was not going to work.
Since it was so close to closing and the gals knew the bag prices would be 1/2 price the next day, they let me fill a large one for $20.
I weighed it when we got home and .....drum roll...... 26.5 lbs.
It was not even packed full. I started out being selective but then just started putting it in by the handful. I ended up with over 50 of these fat quarters of Christmas labels. (They will be re-gifted as stocking stuffers for the quilters in my group)


I sorted by 'colors'. At first I was looking for lights, so that pile has a lot of cream, yellows, tans etc... it also grew to include browns.
The greens and red were mostly repos and I have enough to do several pieced tops.
My favorite find is all the pre-cut strings and 2 1/2" strips. My head is spinning on what I hope to use them for. Another Benito box top maybe?
Strings are being added my collection and should get worked in to my TO-DO list soon.



Strings are 1 1/2" irregular, most are Width of Fabric~
Strips are mostly 2 1/2" WOF with a small pile of 3"







The flannels have been sorted out and bagged to mail to cyber-friend Erin.
The homespuns were put aside to gift out but after looking at them I may make another scrappy version of the 7-shirts quilt.
I may also do a separate post on them and figure out a give-a-way.
I have no clue how much fabric I am adding to my 'collection'- I am so glad I don't keep track, bet this not only blows my self-imposed NO BUY but it slows down my stash-busting too!