Wednesday, March 27, 2013

borders borders border! Thanks GO dies

I have been having fun with the Chisel die.  I love that you get lefts and rights when you cut multiple layers.  I have an on going 'pile' that I am working my way through.

 The majority of this top was made using all the same shape.  Even in a scrap quilt you can control several elements and get a great over all look.  For this one I used 4 same fabrics in each 'star' and used same orange triangles with each star.    The borders are made using both rights and lefts of the prints with random orange triangles.

 This top was made awhile back up I 'found' the perfect material for the outer border (it was precut in a stash that was gifted to me- lol)  I did purchase $5. worth of black.  Almost all from stash.
I had two yards of this green with sunflowers on my shelf, Now half is on the quilt and the rest is going to get worked into another scrappy quilt!
I wanted to play with solids, I think I wanted to sew more then cut.  This will make a nice size baby quilt.  Next time I will power through and cut enough for a bed size.  I think I have a grand kid or two that would enjoy colorful and scrappy!