Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rooster Window is started....


I wish I could take credit for drawing out the inspiration rooster but I can't 'draw'.  I can however google rooster images.  I enlarged one I liked and worked it out.  One of the things I love most about working with stained glass is how forgiving it is.

If a person is a perfectionist (and I am not) then you can get great attention to detail, great lines, etc...  For me, all I have to do is have an idea and then it fills in all on its own- lol/

I am not sure I am happy with the 'wing' it may or may not get tweaked.

I found a couple of 'fancy' pieces in a yardsale purchase.  I added two to this window for interest.  I like how the diamonds 'twinkle'!

As of tonight, everything is cut out.  I need to grind most of the background pieces.  Then I can foil everything.  Hoping that by next weekend I can start to solder this new keepsake together.

This is my first project done by myself.  So far, so good.  The next couple of project will be way smaller- lol!