Thursday, April 26, 2012

Maddie's and Johnathan's grad quilts

We have been making grad quilts for our HS church kids for many years.  The original layout was 30 blocks, 15 to embellish and 15 that were a 4-patch of 9-patch and solids.
This year I only had one to make so I changed up the alt. block a little to lighten up the prints.

I like the nine 9-patch set as an alt block but miss cut so I had to add a coping border.  My 'mistake' turned out pretty neat (if I say so myself) and I will remember this for another project.





Graduation Dinner at the church is this Sunday.  The top will be ready for Maddie and family to see but I will probably not get it quilted till May in time for graduation.


Also graduating this year is the son of our new Hispanic preacher.  Johnathan's mom picked out this top and a fun sheet for the back.  Veronica is learning to machine quilt and will do the honors of setting this one together.  --  I will help :)