Thursday, September 17, 2009

future Wedding Quilt

Our oldest daughter 'likes' greens. The quilt started out as a wall hanging. The center medallion was inspired by an add in a mag.
I had left over tulips and substituted them for the flower (yes I know that tulips don't grow on vines!)
I left the center hanging on the mini-blinds for a few days while I figured what I wanted to "do" with it.
I had seen someones top with a 9-patch border and that looked 'good to me'. Threw on the inner border and hung it back up.
For some reason it 'looked' unfinished. I had not tried doing an applique strip before (I tend to do blocks so even this center was a stretch) so it seemed like a good chance to try something new to me.
Now I liked the ease at which the borders went together (good thing I am a fan of raw-edge applique) but the top still looked like it needed something else. Checkerboard border and call it DONE, if for no other reason then the size!
I looked all over for a picture of this project but it much have been done before I went digital b/c I don't have any except for this one when we displayed it an a Ladies Night last year.
The quilt is safely tucked away until DD decides on a man that can put up with her- cw