Thursday, February 9, 2012

Started on my Back for my Dear Jane

First run over to http://niftyquilts.blogspot.com/2012/02/vintage-fabric-swap-anyone.html and wish LeeAnn a Happy Birthday, (my gift will be in the mail tomorrow).

Check out the quilt she is planning to make.  Wouldn't you know I have a ton of chisel die cuts from my Dear Jane fabrics.  I just had to make one block and like potato chips I couldn't stop.  I will need 81 blocks total to do a back for my on-going Dear Jane quilt.  Do we want to take bets as to whether I scallop the edges- lol


Used the Chisel Die and the 3 "Triangle to sub cut the fabrics for Dear Jane, I had hopped I would do a braid for a future TO DO.   Didn't even think about using these for a backing until I saw LeeAnn's TO DO.
Sew sets of 4 triangles to chisels (Makes a larger triangle)
Sew the 4 pieced triangles into a block
Mine will be set into large 9 patches and then sewn as units into a 9-patch  (9 x 9) for an 81 x 81(ish) back.  This is four units together.  This block would look good using a contrast fabric for the triangles (white?) and set with strips, the possibilities are endless!