Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dear Jane Feb update

Happy to say I have come to a good stopping point, I will pick this back up in March.  All 169 inner blocks and all the outer triangles are WIP's!
I decided I like the look of raw edge applique enough to finish my block in this style.  Originally I made notes of which blocks I could piece, applique, paper piece or combo.  I worked on the first 40 blocks in the different techniques.  My favorite was raw edge applique.  So......... the next 100+ blocks were cut and glued at my mom's place last weekend when we ran down for a visit.


It is fun marking the "X"

All 169 in piles ready to finish the applique work!

Just had to see what they would look like sewn together.  This is the top left 9-patch




This will look better after  top stitched



My mess laid out at mom's, I worked while we visited.



Center of the Back for my DJ.  I hope to add borders with room to allow for scalloped edges after quilting.