Monday, February 6, 2012

Dear Jane Borders

The first thing I did (after pulling fabrics from stash) was to cut the printed side pieces for the outside borders.

January Jane time was spent working on blocks,  Happy to report I got over 40 sewn.  Not enough to start sewing them together though.  I have gone through the book several times making lists of which ones to do.  This weekend I decided to flip a coin and work on some of the outer triangles.  After a few I wanted to fill in the gaps and see how they might look together.  The top row is correct, The right side is missing block 1 and block 2.  Hopefully I can piece them this week and finish the blocks for the Right side.  Committing to one side a week should get me ahead of schedule on my year of Jane.

I would like to say that I am going authentic but I am not.  I am using raw edge applique along with strip piecing to make my blocks.  I have also decided to tweak a few to make construction easier.  In the long run this quilt will be more about enjoying the fabrics and the journey then about perfection.
Each time I work on a project I find inspiration for future TO DO's.  After working a few of these border triangles I am thinking I will use this ruler again in other ways.

How far are you on your Dear Jane journey?