Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Quilt- eye candy--
















I wanted to post a picture of this quilt last week. I looked all over in my photobucket for photo. I was getting pretty flusterated when my daughter reminded me that I still have it in my collection. Duh....!
Raelynn is holding it up and one of the grandkids is playing peep a boo behind it.

The applique dolls are pieces originally used as orniments, I used double sided iron-on to add them to a cream block. Then I used crochet thread to embellish each one.

I like puzzles and this top was made using 16 tri/sqs per block. Each green block has a red mate. Some of the blocks are reverse images of each other. The kids like to lay it out and 'find' the pairs.

I don't know why it didn't get brought out this season, I just assumed I had given it away. I keep these for December births or Weddings and use them in my home until gifted.

















I hope your Holidays were Merry and Bright!= CW