Well thankfully our A/C is still not working. I spent a day at the building where I have my fabric. It has A/C and my quilt machine. I sorted and uncovered many forgotten goodies. Everything for this project was kitted up with notes on ideas I had had. Guess which one I choose----none of them!
Erin had given me 15 blocks (11 1/2 inches m/l) I knew I wanted to add butterflies (8 1/2) blocks. What to do, what to do. I knew I didn't want to do a ton of butterflies as an outside border so I compromised and did just a strip to off-set the D-9 setting. I love, love, love this look.
I will come up with some sorta of witty saying for a wide border and then finish off with the black/pink flowers. Now to google butterfly sayings--lol
Thank you Erin, you can send me your Orphans anytime! I have two little grand-daughters (and their mom) who have called dibs on this future keepsake.
The 'Pink' around the flowers is a yarn used to make pot scrubbers. The texture is a bit stiff, but so cute. At first glance it looks like I had tension problems and didn't know it--ha ha. I hope to find large pink buttons to sew in the middle of each flower.
The A/C is getting replaced tomorrow, so I will have to find another excuse to take a day off and sew.
|Erin's flowers and pink yarn|
|Yes I already had the butterflies cut out for a future project|
|New favorite setting for 12 focus blocks.|