Saturday, June 18, 2016

flowers, flowers, and more flowers pt 3

All 20 are cut and tacked, ready to raw-edge applique.  Hopefully sometime next week I can start working on the borders.  There are a couple in this series I didn't get photos of.  I can't believe how many times I have changed my mind on how I want to do these.  I think I will be as surprised as everyone else when I finally get done.  I am considering adding beads and/or buttons after I quilt the top.  So far this top is entirely out of scraps.  I did use a sheet for my background fabric but it was one that cut into to finish a different quilt.

Our A/C is out (new one on Monday?) so I spent most of the day at the missions building.  I cleaned, and sorted fabrics and wish I had taken a before photo.  Pat on the back, I am bring home 5 empty laundry baskets.  Several ladies are meeting with me on Tuesday to go through more fabric.  Hope I get to send a bunch home with them.



Ben picked the prints for these flowers


I hope to embroidery the thinner lines 

looks like I forgot to make the embroidery lines

wouldn't buttons look cute in the middle of these violets

more embroidery opportunities