Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hexies? me? who would have thunk it

I have wanted to do hexies but (insert excuse here) have just never gotten around to it.

I have collected thick card stock for most of this year, you know the flyers that come in the mail.

strip cut at 2 1/2 inches  then die cut shapes! way to GO



I die cut fabric templates and then scissor cut sets of 6 from chunks of scraps



I actually Googled several tutorials to figure out how was best for me to construct the flower.



I used black thread- so I could see my stitches.  Basted on the back.  Whip Stitched the edges together.  I am beyond thrilled that I have started a new future WIP!


I finally have a take along project that doesn't need the whole trunk of the car to transport.  Hexies are on the schedule for September, I hope to see several movie nights so I can justify sitting and hand sewing.  Wish me luck!    cw