Sunday, December 11, 2011

Orca Bay step 4 Red strings



I might not sub-cut until I know how we are using these- so far I like how they are turning out.
These should be called kitchen sink reds, everything is in here!
Pulled strings from my string bins and from the scrap bins.  Many of these are left overs from a 2 1/2" piano key border.  They will get sub-cut to 1" and 1 1/2" .  It will be fun re-visiting fabrics as I sew blocks for this mystery.  Lane and Karlee took turns using the GO dies to cut down the strips.
Gotta love having help at this stage.  Now to cut out the foundation papers and get started sewing!

Note to Self:  use the die for 5 1/2" sq to cut the foundation paper.  Use the Triangle Die #55002  4 7/8 triangles to sub-cut the units.  Just need to fold the striped squares in half and the die cuts out both perfect~