Saturday, December 31, 2011

12 for 2012

Last year I wrote a list of 11 quilting things I wanted TO DO in 2011.  Some were finished, some were started and some were ignored.  This year my goal is to continue to enjoy my creative side. 
My 12 for 2012 in no particular order are:

1-  12 quilts for QoV- Alycia in CO will hold me accountable for this one!

2-  Dear Jane-  All fabrics are in stages of prep and I will start on Jan 1, 2012- no plans yet as to how I will do the applique, my default is raw edge, I may surprise myself and do needle turn- only time will tell.

3-  Test  Blocks for QuiltMakers 100 blocks Vol5

4-  Finish and Submit Quilt from Amy Butler fabrics and blocks from Vol5

5- Quilt at least 12 tops from my flimsy stash.

6- Move all my upstairs sewing to the downstairs studio by the end of Jan. (and stay there- probably not going to happen but it is a goal)

7- DeClutter the Quilting room by doing weekly Flings (thanks StashBusters for the idea and encouragement)  One hour a week- Sunday afternoon marked on the calender- it's a date.

8- Use my GO and dies and kit, kit, kit,

9- Participate in at least One on-line Mystery or On Going Project (not counting Orca Bay which is almost finished!)  considering the 365 scrappy house blocks- we will see.

10- Organize my UFO-s  by year of poss completion- (I see a couple of crazy (tie  materials) quilts in 2013!)

11- Document the commissioned quilt for IDF- due June 2012- chicken theme

12- Host a lock-in sew-in


I will eventually do a post on each of these twelve TO DO's and link back to this page.  What are your sewing/quilts goals for this coming year?