Thursday, October 27, 2011

QuiltMaker 100 Blocks Vol 4-


I have been waiting for the OK to show this one off!  The mag should be available soon.  I got mine in today's mail.
This is my interpretation of Sara Tuttle Khammash's "Fresh Cut"
Block #343 on pg 39

I was working on cutting scrappy RW&B kits for future TO DO's the day I decided to 'test' this block.  I loved it so much in scraps that I raided my stash and started this future keepsake quilt.

I sewed the 4 patches for the backgrounds up before a weekend at the lake.  I took my petals/blade with me and randomly laid sets out to applique.  The piano key border was cut using my GO and the 2 1/2 die.

I love this top so much and I hope you get a chance to make your own.  If this is not a pattern and excites you, I am sure the other 99 will.

be good  cw