Saturday, June 16, 2012

Starting a new hobby!

Don't get excited, this is NOT my house (yet)!

A while back I met a gal that does stained glass.  Her and I hit a sale in Springfield and bought supplies to get me started on a couple of pieces.  (I am sure in her mind she thinks she will have to do it for me.  In my mind I am collecting for a new hobby)
When we were done she told me about her neighbor and invited me to visit. (Don't you just love neighbors bringing people over to show off your collections.)

Of course I took her up on her offer to tour guide- lol




I love glass, never thought to just hang them to hang them.  I love this look on the enclosed porch, very festive.  Another item(s) to add to my thrift shop hunting.
I have always been interested in making mosaics, now I need to find a few old windows to use!
I have started making (ok just one) stones to use in the garden.  I think my grand-kids would like to help after they see this one.  Now to find some cake molds I can make fun shapes with.
Hubby said NO but I say YES!  I love this bottle bush.  We took down our horse fences but the corner posts are still up.  I think they would make great bottle holders.  Especially if I plan to get a kiln someday.  I will need a place to store bottles until I have time to use them.
Hubby had sent me a link to a poor man's hot tub.  Of course I am on the look out for a claw foot tub to use over the fire pit.  Too bad this one is in use b/c I could be trying to figure out how to haul it home to my house.

Don't know that I can talk Hubby into letting me make my own cement pond but I can sure enjoy looking at the photos of this one!  Those Arkansas Diamonds sure are pretty in the sunlight!