Thursday, June 14, 2012

B&W baby quilt!

My Niece-in-Law (is that even a word?)  Hubby's Sister's Son's Wife, Krystal wanted to help make a baby quilt for her sister's newest soon to be addition to the family.  She picked out the pattern and fabrics.  I made let her use the Go and die cut the sqs too.
While she was cutting for Rebecca, I let her cut out a couple of more 'kits' for future quilts.  I have two to make for co-workers this year.




The expectant papa has a collection of all things John Deere.  I Googled coloring book pages and found a tractor I thought I could do.  The little logo is fussy cut from a scrap of fabric.  The black and white sqs are sewn with out plan to layout.  Not quite brown bag style but pretty random just the same.

Krystal also picked out and cut the yellow John Deere print for the border.  A white w/black dot was selected for the back.

I am excited to get to meet the new little one and excited to spend time with a favorite Niece and excited to bust some stash!