Monday, August 29, 2011

Rob Peter/Pay Paul Scrappy Die

I still love my Dies! 
I am not real sure I am sewing this block 'correctly' but it really doesn't matter- the sqs are sewing together just fine.  I am about 1/2 done and then I can start on the butterflies for the outer border. This one got its start this past weekend.  I was able to cut out center and edges on the same cut.  This scrappy center top will have a cream center/scrappy rings as a mate in this series.

Set 6 x 8 blocks is just perfect for my scrappy applique butterflies.  I hope to have a nice size quilt to give to a friend sometime in my future.
While I was busy sewing the first half of this new beauty at the lake, take a look at what was outside my window!!

A half dozen young Bucks had come up to eat.  Normally I just see the Does and babies during the mornings.  This was a surprise.