Wednesday, March 23, 2011

quilt group and a little late night sewing

I have always been a fan of RW&B!
This top was cut from scraps and was set 5 x 5 blocks.

It may or may not get borders. As Is would be a nice donation piece for a lap quilt or baby gift.


I will def. be making many more scrappy tops with variations of this block. A new favorite to cut using my GO dies!

Kelly's top is ready to get in line for the machine. She is coming over this week to get me caught up on a couple of quilts for a friend.
Once the machine is free, she plans to do a little personal quilting. (I am hoping she will sneak in a few tops from my collection- I think several have aged enough to get quilted!)






Good Friend, Debbie H brought this beautiful brick top to show off. I am so proud of her for busting stash, and for doing such a great job. Seeing this makes me want to start cutting bricks!

Deb also brought a WIP to share. The center medallion is her own design. The butterflies are ones she has had for awhile.
Again I am thrilled to see this Work in Progress. It is a graduation gift for a niece and will have framed photos on the sides.
It was fun to see a new setting for the scrappy butterflies.
Deb says this is pretty much all from stash too.






I also got to show off the quilt blocks I tested for QuiltMaker mag. There were two that I can see making more of. Both had applique- go figure! I will share them as soon as I get permission. From what I understand the 3rd book of 100 blocks is about ready to print.