Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dresden Plate -layer and cut













I am working on a stack and whack class and this is one project that I am making. I was thrilled last night when I 'found' the yellow fabric in my stash to use as the center circle.





I am over half done cutting and laying out the petals. I need to decide if I am sewing with white or black thread when I raw edge applique. This top takes 25 plate blocks, 12 half plates for triangles and 4 quarter triangles to set it on point.


Dresden Plates have been a favorite TO-DO out of scraps, this is the first 'controlled' quilt in this style I have attempted with yardage.


Totally from stash- the 5 yards of blue were purchased in 2002 to use as a backing. I somehow don't think that project got very far!


I think I have enough yellow to do a narrow border (or poss binding) I saved enough strips of the original fabric to add 6 inch outer borders to show off the print.


Here is a scrappy one to show off. I just love the orange swiss in the circles.