Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another Baby Quilt Top

I had some left over squares from the last black and white top.  I made four 9-patch and sub-cut to made the D-9 block.
Krystal got me started on making B&W for baby quilts.  I have several showers coming up and wanted to get a head start..  I know several are for boys and at least one is a girl.
I found this cute baby in a diaper (I changed it a bit to make it a one-sy.)

Since I am working from stash the back material for this quilt will be a Batman print on a blue background.  That's the only piece I have that will fit.
Grand Daughter, Karlee helped pick out fabrics.  She is wanting to get all the appliques laid out this week.  Don't think she is very concerned about the actual quilts, just wants to pull scraps for the babies- lol

I had one mom request greens and tans, we 'found' a color book turtle that will look cute on a quilt.  We also found a bear, a rocking horse and a couple of other simple things to applique.

Now to decided if I want to embroidery the features or just use permanent marker.