Monday, October 25, 2010

My version of design wall- todays color: ORANGE

For years I have been pinning my quilt tops to the mini blinds as my version of a design wall.

The other day I nailed a strip of oak trim above the windows and set in nails to hang clothes pins on.

The second picture was taken b/c I thought it might look better with the blinds closed.





After that shot I realized the table clutter deserved its own picture.
The flowers have been around many years, evidenced by the layer of dust.
The Hummel wanta be was a thrift shop find.
The orange bowl is a yard sale purchase.
I am starting to see an 'orange' theme going on.






I moved a couple of pieces up from the basement and haven't decided what to display in them. For now I am liking that the hutch is empty! I know it won't stay that way for long. The rooster wall hanging was a b-day gift from a good friend.




This piece was another yard sale find. It reminded me of work my mom use to do when I was a kid. I don't know if she ever did this pattern before but the texture reminded me of her so I had to add it to my collection.
This is not all a design wall post but it was fun to realize just how much I seem to like to decorate with orange.- So what is your favorite color to hang on the wall?- cw