Friday, April 23, 2010

Chicago trip cont....


I love the stain glass quilts. I was surprised that there were not more on display. This one is just beautiful.
I am wanting to do a couple of wall hangings to go in our new building. This one caught my eye as a possible TO-DO.
I may have to teach a class and see what the gals come up with.

There were many beautiful applique quilts on display. I am upset that I didn't think to take a picture of the information page that was describing each piece of work.
I will be showing off a few more lovely older applique quilts in the next post.

This is one of the patterns I just had to purchase. I am sure that everyone recognizes the work of Patricia Cox
I was thrilled to purchase several of her One of a Kind Quilting Designs. Her work is just fantastic!




Those that know me, know I am a raw-edge freak, but I can see needle turn becoming an obsession in my near future!









I bought patterns for both of these quilts and a couple of more.--I can't wait to get started collecting fabrics to work with. -cw