Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks #3

The mail was just full of surprises today. Special THANKS to Quiltmaker for the coffee cup! (I am going to have to do a whole post on my cup collection someday)

I just love it! and I just loved getting to test blocks for this volume. I got a late start but had a lot of fun actually reading directions. (I am known for jumping ahead and making my own mistakes)



My goal was to be of service and hopefully learn a new thing or two. One thing I learned is don't judge a block until you personally have made it. I had a couple of blocks that I might not have sewn if it weren't for this assignment. Now I have some lovely pieces that can be worked into future projects.


My copy of the mag arrived Thursday. Karlee (age 4) and I read through it admiring the lovely patterns and materials. Karlee was quick to point out the ones I made. I was a little surprised that she remembered. I asked her if she wanted to help me do the next set and her answer was YES! I can't wait to get started.... vol 4- let's do some more!

I love anything I can raw-edge applique!













Rubber band block- I just love scrappy!









I have a few others that will end up in a orphan block donation quilt someday.- cw